[openstack-dev] [neutron]The mechanism of physical_network & segmentation_id is logical?

Robert Kukura rkukura at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 03:01:17 UTC 2014

On 02/24/2014 09:11 PM, 黎林果 wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Thank you very much. I have understood.
>
> Another question:
> When create network with provider, if the network type is VLAN, the
> provider:segmentation_id must be specified.
>
> In function: def _process_provider_create(self, context, attrs)
>
> I think it can come from the db too. If get from db failed, then throw
> exception.

I think you are suggesting that if the provider:network_type and
provider:physical_network are specified, but provider:segmentation_id is
not specified, then a value should be allocated from the tenant network
pool. Is that correct?

If so, that sounds similar to
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/provider-network-partial-specs,
which is being implemented in the ML2 plugin for icehouse. I would not
expect a similar feature to be implemented for the openvswitch
monolithic plugin, since that is being deprecated.

> what's your opinion?

If I understand it correctly, I agree this feature could be useful.

-Bob