[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Live migration

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Tue Feb 25 02:08:56 UTC 2014

Dear Horizon developers,

I think that the blueprint to add live migrations support to
Horizon[0] was incorrectly labeled as a duplicate of the earlier
migrate-instance blueprint[1].

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/live-migration
[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/migrate-instance

These two blueprints are not duplicates. As I commented in the
blueprint whiteboard, live migration is a significantly different
migration mode that is currently not implemented in Horizon. The
current behaviour is misleading and may confuse users looking for live
migrations into triggering disruptive cold migrations instead.

I think we should reopen this blueprint and put it back into the queue.

Dmitry Borodaenko