[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Starting to postpone work to Juno

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 22:01:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

For the last few meetings, we've been discussing how to prioritize the work
that we need to get done as we approach the close of Icehouse development.
There's still some distance between where we are and where we need to be --
integration with other projects (eg. Nova), CI testing of that integration
(eg. via devstack), and fixing bugs that we continue to find.

As core reviewers need to focus their time during the last week of I-3,
we've discussed postponing cosmetic changes, particularly patches that just
refactor code without any performance or feature benefit, to the start of
Juno. [1] So, later today I am going to block patches that do not have
important functional changes and are non-trivial in scope (eg, take more
than a minute to read), are related to low-priority or wishlist items, or
are not targeted to Icehouse.

Near the end of the week, I will retarget incomplete blueprints to the Juno
release.

Next week is the TripleO developer sprint, which coincides with the close
of I-3. Many Ironic developers and more than half of our core review team
will also be there. This will give us a good opportunity to hammer out
testing and integration issues and work on bug fixes.

Over the next month, I would like us to stabilize what we have, add further
integration and functional testing to our gate, and write deployer/usage
documentation.

Regards,
Devananda

[1]

We actually voted on this last week, I didn't follow through, and Chris
reminded me during the meeting today...

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2014/ironic.2014-02-17-19.00.html