[openstack-dev] [nova] oslo.messaging rampant errors in nova-api logs

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Feb 24 13:26:04 UTC 2014

I'm looking at whether we can get ourselves to enforcing only known
ERRORs in logs. In doing so one of the most visible issues on non
neutron runs is oslo.messaging spewing approximately 50:

ERROR oslo.messaging.notify._impl_messaging [-] Could not send
notification to notifications

http://logs.openstack.org/45/75245/3/check/check-tempest-dsvm-full/7ad149e/logs/screen-n-api.txt.gz?level=TRACE

We could whitelist this, however, this looks like a deeper issue.
Something that should actually be solved prior to release.

Really need some eyes in here from people more familiar with the
oslo.messaging code, and why we'd be tripping a circular reference
violation here.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague