[openstack-dev] Win 2008 R2 VMDK upload to glance

Alessandro Pilotti apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com
Mon Feb 24 08:40:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

Did you install the VMWare tools and sysprepped the image before adding it to Glance?

Here's how we automate the creation of Windows OpenStack images for KVM, Hyper-V and VMWare (unattended setup, hypervisor drivers, windows updates, Cloudbase-Init and sysprep):

https://github.com/cloudbase/windows-openstack-imaging-tools

More details:

http://www.cloudbase.it/create-windows-openstack-images/

Alessandro