[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-dev][Nova] Can we add one configuration item for cache-using in libvirt/hypervisor?

wu jiang wingwj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 02:30:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Recently, I met one scenario which needs to close the cache on linux
hypervisor.

But some codes written in libvirt/driver.py (including suspend/snapshot)
are hard-coded.
For example:
-----------
    def suspend(self, instance):
        """Suspend the specified instance."""
        dom = self._lookup_by_name(instance['name'])
        self._detach_pci_devices(dom,
            pci_manager.get_instance_pci_devs(instance))
        dom.managedSave(0)

So, can we add one configuration item in nova.conf, like
*DOMAIN_SAVE_BYPASS_CACHE*, to let operator can handle it?

That would be improved flexibility of Nova.

Thanks
wingwj