[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] [Cinder] Cinder driver verification

Boris Renski b at renski.com
Fri Feb 21 21:35:30 UTC 2014

There are a couple of additional things we are working on driver
verification front that, I believe, it is now time to socialize with the
dev community:

1. In addition to the scare tactic of deprecating the code for those that
don't test their drivers, we also want to implement a carrot-tactic of
granting a trademark privilege to those that do. Specifically, storage
vendors that have achieved Stage 4 or Thierry's ladder below, will have the
right granted by the openstack foundation to publically endorse themselves
as "OpenStack Verified Block Storage Vendors." I've spoken to the vast
majority of the foundation board members about this as well as Mark and
Jonathan, and, everybody appears to be onboard. I plan to formally have
a foundation board discussion on this topic during the upcoming March 3rd
board meeting and would like to gather the feedback of the dev community on
this. So please.... feedback away...

2. As a stepping stone to #1, we are working on implementing an interactive
dashboard (not just for devs, but for OpenStack users as well) that
will display the results of driver tests against trunk and stable dot
releases pulled directly from CI even stream (mock attached). The way we
are thinking of implementing this right now is next to each of the drivers
in https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CinderSupportMatrix, specify if the
compatibility is "self-reported" or "verified." Verified will be a link to
the dashboard for a particular driver kinda like in the mock.

-Boris