[openstack-dev] bug 1203680 - fix requires doc

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Fri Feb 21 21:00:29 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-21 13:01, Mike Spreitzer wrote:

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1203680 [1] is literally about Glance but Nova has the same problem. There is a fix released, but just merging that fix accomplishes nothing --- we need people who run DevStack to set the new variable (INSTALL_TESTONLY_PACKAGES). This is something that needs to be documented (in http://devstack.org/configuration.html [2] and all the places that tell people how to do unit testing, for examples), so that people know to do it, right?

IMHO, that should be enabled by default. Every developer using devstack
is going to want to run unit tests at some point (or should anyway...),
and if the gate doesn't want the extra install time for something like
tempest that probably doesn't need these packages, then it's much
simpler to disable it in that one config instead of every separate
config used by every developer.

-Ben

Links:
------