[openstack-dev] Documenting test environments (was Re: supported dependency versioning and testing)

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 16:33:02 UTC 2014

[new thread for this...]

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Mark McLoughlin Perhaps rather than
focusing on making this absolutely black and white,

> we should focus on better communicating what we actually focus our
> testing on? (i.e. rather than making the grey areas black, improve the
> white areas)
>
> Concretely, for every commit merged, we could publish:
>
>   - the set of commits tested
>   - details of the jobs passed:
>       - the distro
>       - installed packages and versions
>       - output of pip freeze
>       - configuration used
>       - tests passed

Long ago I created tools/info.sh to document the DevStack environment as a
troubleshooting tool.  Among other things it grabs information on the
distro and system packages installed, pip-installed packages and repos and
DevStack configuration (local.conf/localrc).

The output is designed to be easily parsable, and with a bit of work I
think it could provide the info above and be logged with the rest of the
logfiles.

Thoughts?

dt

--