[openstack-dev] [neutron] Fixes for the alembic migration (sqlite + postgress) aren't being reviewed

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Feb 21 06:14:39 UTC 2014

On 02/21/2014 06:13 AM, Vincent Untz wrote:
>Le jeudi 20 février 2014, à 12:02 -0800, Armando M. a écrit :
>> No action on a negative review means automatic expiration, if you lose
>> interest in something you care about whose fault is that?
>
> I beg to disagree. If we let patches go to automatic expiration, then we
> as a project will just lose contributors.

Vincent expressed exactly what I think.

For those who didn't get it, I was talking about this one (for SQLite):
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/52757/

which has similarities with this one (for Postgresql):
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/68611/

The only reason why mark did put a -2 was (as per the review):
"SQLite is not a supported production database for Neutron. Placing a -2
until the team can discuss whether or not to change this policy for
Icehouse."

When is this scheduled? Are we waiting for a full release cycle?!?

Restoring my patch so many times is a sign that
- I really though it was just missing sore core reviewers
- I cared for this patch
- I thought it didn't need further modifications or information

I did restore my patche many times, then got tired of it, and just gave
up. After a certain point (more than 2 months in my case), I considered
it wasn't worth the effort. My feeling was that nobody cared or
preferred not to get my patch approved without saying it in the review.

Le jeudi 20 février 2014, à 12:02 -0800, Armando M. a écrit :
> I feel your frustration

Yes, very frustrating indeed... :)

The only thing that gets me to write again in this list about this is
because someone else came to the conclusion of the exact same patch
through another path (eg: postgresql instead of sqlite), but it seems
it's not getting the attention it should. If this didn't happen, I
believe I would have just completely gave up, and wouldn't have open my
big mouth in this list. :)

> Patch [2]: I did put a -1, but I have nothing against this patch per
> se.

I fail to understand the logic here. If you have "nothing against [a]
patch", then just vote +1 ...

Now, is the gate broken somehow? It doesn't seem to pass the
check-tempest-dsvm-neutron-pg gating test ... :/

Cheers,

Thomas