[openstack-dev] [TripleO][review] Please treat -1s on check-tripleo-*-precise as voting.

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Feb 21 03:31:08 UTC 2014

On 18 February 2014 04:30, Derek Higgins <derekh at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 17/02/14 01:25, Robert Collins wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> The nascent tripleo-gate is now running on all tripleo repositories,
>> *and should pass*, but are not yet voting. They aren't voting because
>> we cannot submit to the gate unless jenkins votes verified... *and* we
>> have no redundancy for the tripleo-ci cloud now, so any glitch in the
>> current region will take out our ability to land changes.
>>
>> We're working up the path to having two regions as fast as we can- and
>> once we do we should be up to check or perhaps even gate in short
>> order :).
>>
>> Note: unless you *expand* the jenkins vote, you can't tell if a -1 occurred.
>>
>> If, for some reason, we have an infrastructure failure that means
>> spurious -1's will be occurring, then we'll put that in the #tripleo
>> topic.
>
> It looks like we've hit a glitch, network access to our ci-overcloud
> controller seems to be gone, I think invoking this clause is needed
> until the problem is sorted, will update the topic and am working on
> diagnosing the problem.

So we fixed that clause, but infra took us out of rotation as we took
nodepool down before it was fixed.

We've now:
 - improved nodepool to handle downclouds more gracefully
 - moved the tripleo cloud using jobs to dedicated check and
experimental pipelines
 - and been reinstated

So - please look for comments from check-tripleo before approving merges!

The tripleo test cloud is still one region, CI is running on 10
hypervisors and 10 emulated baremetal backend systems, so we have
reasonable capacity.

Additionally, running 'check experimental' will now run tripleo jobs
against everything we include in tripleo images - nova, cinder, swift
etc etc.

See the config layout.yaml for details, and I'll send a broader
announcement once we've had a little bit of run-time with this.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist