[openstack-dev] Devstack failing when configuring it to use v3 api

Vijayendra Bvs vijayendrabvs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 02:35:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

In order to explore domains in OS, I tried setting up devstack with the v3
api by changing this line in stackrc from:

IDENTITY_API_VERSION=2.0

to:

IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3

and running stack.sh. However, stack.sh runs into a host of errors that
follow the same pattern, with an error "ERROR: cliff.app The resource could
not be found. (HTTP 404)". An example goes below:

+ export OS_URL=http://192.168.44.184:35357/v2.0

+ OS_URL=http://192.168.44.184:35357/v2.0

+ create_keystone_accounts

++ openstack project create admin

++ grep ' id '

++ get_field 2

++ read data

INFO: urllib3.connectionpool Starting new HTTP connection (1):
192.168.44.184

ERROR: cliff.app The resource could not be found. (HTTP 404)

+ ADMIN_TENANT=

++ openstack user create admin --project '' --email
admin at example.com--password admin

++ get_field 2

Any idea why this happens? Has anyone seen this before with devstack and/or
know of any workarounds? Am I missing some configuration in that I need to
do more than simply set IDENTITY_API_VERSION=3 ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Vijay