[openstack-dev] [nova][libvirt] Is there anything blocking the libvirt driver from implementing the host_maintenance_mode API?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Feb 20 17:38:36 UTC 2014

On 2/19/2014 4:05 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> The os-hosts OS API extension [1] showed up before I was working on the
> project and I see that only the VMware and XenAPI drivers implement it,
> but was wondering why the libvirt driver doesn't - either no one wants
> it, or there is some technical reason behind not implementing it for
> that driver?
>
> [1]
> http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/2/content/PUT_os-hosts-v2_updateHost_v2__tenant_id__os-hosts__host_name__ext-os-hosts.html

By the way, am I missing something when I think that this extension is
already covered if you're:

1. Looking to get the node out of the scheduling loop, you can just
disable it with os-services/disable?

2. Looking to evacuate instances off a failed host (or one that's in
"maintenance mode"), just use the evacuate server action.

Matt Riedemann