[openstack-dev] [nova][oslo] Changes to oslo-incubator sync workflow

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Feb 20 10:38:57 UTC 2014

Matt Riedemann wrote:
> This is kind of an aside, but I'm kind of confused now about how the
> syncs work with things that fall under oslo.rootwrap or oslo.messaging,
> like this patch [2].  It doesn't completely match the o-i patch, i.e.
> it's not syncing over openstack/common/rootwrap/wrapper.py, and I'm
> assuming because that's in oslo.rootwrap now?  But then why does the
> code still exist in oslo-incubator?

FWIW the code was recently removed from the oslo-incubator, once Neutron
(the last of the rootwrap-consuming projects) got migrated to using
oslo.rootwrap.

This one syncs changes from https://review.openstack.org/#/c/63094

63094 should never have been approved, since rootwrap in oslo-incubator
was frozen ("graduating"). Now the changes are lost, since they were
never proposed to oslo.rootwrap, and the code in the incubator was
cleaned up.

I'll comment on the 73340 review to try to solve this mess.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)