[openstack-dev] [solum] async / threading for python 2 and 3

Angus Salkeld angus.salkeld at rackspace.com
Wed Feb 19 21:49:55 UTC 2014

On 19/02/14 10:09 +0100, Julien Danjou wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 19 2014, Angus Salkeld wrote:
>
>> 2) use tulip and give up python 2
>
>+ use trollius to have Python 2 support.
>
>  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/trollius

So I have been giving this a go.

We use pecan and wsme (like ceilometer), I wanted to use
a httpserver library in place of wsgiref.server so had a
look at a couple and can't use them as they all have "yield from"
all over the place (i.e. python 3 only). The quesion I have
is:
How useful is trollius if we can't use other thirdparty libraries
written for asyncio?
https://github.com/KeepSafe/aiohttp/blob/master/aiohttp/server.py#L171

Maybe I am missing something?

http://code.google.com/p/tulip/wiki/ThirdParty