[openstack-dev] Keystone working with V3

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:36:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Vinod Kumar Boppanna <
vinod.kumar.boppanna at cern.ch> wrote:

>  Dear All,
>
> I am doing some development in Nova and in this regard, i have to write a
> code where Nova requests some date through V3 API of keystone. But the
> keystoneclient is always falling back to V2 (keystoneclient/v3/client.py).
> Due to this the keystone V3 API which i am using is failing as it is not
> available in V2.
>
> I did a hack to solve it
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/74678/1/keystoneclient/v3/client.py
>
> But i was told that it is not acceptable doing this way. So, does anybody
> from Keystone doing any thing on allowing V3 APIs in keystone client (not
> falling back to V2). If so, please let me know as my code in nova requires
> this feature and then only i can submit the code to Gerrit.

There's another mailing list discussion on the same topic:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-February/026177.html

The short of it is that we probably need such a built-in hack for icehouse.
I'm going to experiment with your patch today, thanks!