[openstack-dev] [solum] async / threading for python 2 and 3

Angus Salkeld angus.salkeld at rackspace.com
Wed Feb 19 00:53:48 UTC 2014

Hi all

I need to use some async / threaded behaviour to solum for image
creation (all I need right now is to run a job asyncronously).

eventlet is python 2 only
tulip is python 3 only
tornado (supports 2 + 3) http://www.tornadoweb.org
twisted
pyev
etc...

1) use eventlet and have the same path of migration as the rest
    of openstack. Basically give up python 3 for now.
2) use tulip and give up python 2
3) choose an existing framework that supports both py2+3

Thoughts?

Since we are starting out fresh, I'd suggest "2)".
This will mean some learning, but that is always fun and would be benefical
to other projects to see how this code looks.

I am not sure how important support for python 2 is, I'd suggest
supporting python 3 is more important.

-Angus