[openstack-dev] VPC Proposal

Martin, JC jch.martin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 22:57:48 UTC 2014

Maybe I should explain this one a bit.

Shared network: If a user has defined a shared network, and they used your API to create a VPC, the instances within the VPC will automatically get an interface on the shared network. I don't think that this is the expected behavior

FIP in scope of VPC: I was not talking about the EIP for Internet access, sorry if it was confusing. Since you are not really describing how you create the external networks, it's not clear how you implement the multiple gateways (public and private) that AWS supports, and how you connects networks to routers and external networks. i.e. are the CIDRs used in the VPC, NAT'ED to be routed in the customer datacenter, in which case, there is a floating IP pool that is private to each private gateway and VPC (not the 'public' one).

It would be useful for you to describe the pre-setup required to do make this works.

JC