[openstack-dev] [Nova] Meetup Summary

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 21:40:44 UTC 2014

Hi Don,

>  Sylvain-
>

> As you can tell from the meeting today the scheduler sub-group is really
> not the gantt group meeting, I try to make sure that messages for things
> like the agenda and what not include both `gantt' and `scheduler' in the
> subject so it's clear we're talking about the same thing.

That's the main reason why I was unable to attend the previous scheduler
meetings...
Now that I attended this today meeting, that's quite clear to me. I
apologize for this misunderstanding, but as I can't dedicate all my time on
Gantt/Nova, I have to make sure the time I'm taking on it can be worth it.

Now that we agreed on a plan for next steps, I think it's important to put
the infos on Gantt blueprints, even if most of the changes are related to
Nova. The current etherpad is huge, and frightening people who would want
to contribute IMHO.

>  Note that our ultimate goal is to create a scheduler that is usable by
> other projects, not just nova, but that is a second task.  The first task
> is to create a separate scheduler that will be usable by nova at a
> minimum.  (World domination will follow later J

Agreed. I'm just thinking on the opportunity of providing a REST API on top
of the scheduler RPC API with a 1:1 matching, so that the Gantt project
would step up by itself. I don't think it's a hard stuff, provided I
already did that stuff for Climate (providing Pecan/WSME API). What do you
think about it ? Even if it's not top priority, that's a quickwin.

-Sylvain