[openstack-dev] VPC Proposal

Harshad Nakil hnakil at contrailsystems.com
Tue Feb 18 21:09:06 UTC 2014

1. Feature is giving AWS VPC api compatibility with existing openstack
structure
2. It does give full AWS compatibility (except for network ACL which was
differed). Shared networks, FIP within scope of VPC is not some thing AWS
provides. So it is not partial support.
3. IMO it would not be major change to go from what we are proposing to
what JC is proposing as far as AWS VPC API(s) are concerned.
4. I can understand developers not liking AWS API(s) but many users of
openstack will benefit
5. Multi tenant hierarchy and domains won't effect AWS API(s) in any way

IMO there no need to differ this blueprint.