[openstack-dev] [Openstack-stable-maint] Stable gate status?

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 18:52:23 UTC 2014

> On 02/11/2014 04:57 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
>> Hi Mark and Anita,
>>
>> could we declare stable/havana neutron gate jobs good enough at this point?
>> There are still random failures as this no-op change shows
>> https://review.openstack.org/72576
>> but I don't think they're stable/havana specific.

> I will reaffirm here what I had stated in IRC.
>
> If Mark McClain gives his assent for stable/havana patches to be
> approved, I will not remove Neutron stable/havana patches from the gate
> queue before they start running tests. If after they start running
> tests, they demonstrate that they are failing, I will remove them from
> the gate as a means to keep the gate flowing. If the stable/havana gate
> jobs are indeed stable, I will not be removing any patches that should
> be merged.

As discussed on #openstack-infra last week, stable-maint team should
start looking more closely at Tempest stable/havana branch and Matthew
Treinish from Tempest core joined the stable-maint team to help us
there.

In the meantime, we need to do something more urgently, there are
remaining failures showing up frequently in stable/havana jobs which
seem to have been fixed or at least improved on master:

* bug 1254890 - "Timed out waiting for thing ... to become ACTIVE"
causes tempest-dsvm-* failures
  resolution unclear?

* bug 1253896 - "Attempts to verify guests are running via SSH fails.
SSH connection to guest does not work."
  based on Salvatore's comment 56, I've marked it as Won't Fix in
neutron/havana and opened tempest/havana to propose what Tempest test
or jobs should skip for Havana. Please chime-in in the bug if you have
suggestions.

Cheers,
Alan