[openstack-dev] Db interaction: conductor vs objects vs apis

Pitucha, Stanislaw Izaak stanislaw.pitucha at hp.com
Tue Feb 18 18:22:38 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I'm writing some new code which uses objects sent around by rpc. I got to
implementing some new conductor methods and started wondering... what's the
current recommended way of interacting with the database? Many seem to be
around:
- "fat model" approach - put the db interaction in objects
- put the db interactions in the conductor itself
- completely separate it (quotas style)

Since the new code isn't that big or generalized in any way, I'm dropping
the third option completely. But conductor -vs- object stays.
What should do the db calls? If it's objects, should I also do that even for
things that would take only one line in conductor/manager?

Regards,
Stanisław Pitucha
Cloud Services
Hewlett Packard