[openstack-dev] [Heat] lazy translation is breaking Heat

Christopher Armstrong chris.armstrong at rackspace.com
Tue Feb 18 15:15:13 UTC 2014

This change was recently merged:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/69133/

Unfortunately it didn't enable lazy translations for the unit tests, so it
didn't catch the many places in Heat that won't work when lazy translations
are enabled. Notably there are a lot of cases where the code adds the
result of a call to _() with another string, and Message objects (which are
returned from _ when lazy translations are enabled) can't be added,
resulting in an exception being raised.

I think the best course of action would be to revert this change, and then
reintroduce it along with patches to fix all the problems, while enabling
it for the unit tests so bugs won't be reintroduced in the future.

Interestingly it also didn't fail any of the tempest tests, I'm not sure
why.

--
IRC: radix
Christopher Armstrong