[openstack-dev] [neutron] [stable/havana] cherry backport, multiple external networks, passing tests

Li Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 06:03:29 UTC 2014

Hi, I tested the code and found it difficult to use. I have a Open
vSwitch+VXLAN neutron environment with multiple external networks. I'd
like to serve all the external network via only one L3-agent.

I applied this patch to l3_agent.py and also modified l3_agent.ini:
external_network_bridge =
gateway_external_network_id =
(left them empty value)

However, it is weird that all the external port (qg-xxx) are not working
properly. They are binded to br-int, not br-ex.

I also noticed something in the patch:
# L3 agent doesn't use external_network_bridge to handle external
# networks, so bridge_mappings with provider networks will be used
# and the L3 agent is able to handle any external networks.

Actually, I don't use bridge_mappings in l2-agent. ASAIK, this option is
related with FLAT or VLAN. I uses tunneling.

I'm not sure whether it can be applied for tunneling network.

On 2/12/2014 5:48 PM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> Could any core developer check/approve this if it does look good?
>
>     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/68601/
>
> I'd like to get it in for the new stable/havana release
> if it's possible.
>

> Best regards,
> Miguel Ángel

cheers,