[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] L7 - Update L7Policy

Avishay Balderman AvishayB at Radware.com
Mon Feb 17 09:56:10 UTC 2014

I agree with #1
I am not sure I understand #2...
Let's assume that the user created a policy named "static-images".
The policy was associated with a vip and it contains rules.
When we have created the VipL7PolicyAssoc the driver used the L7Policy name attribute in its backend.
Now we modify this name to be "static-images1" - why not to tell the driver about it?

Thanks

Avishay

From: Oleg Bondarev [mailto:obondarev at mirantis.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 11:30 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] L7 - Update L7Policy

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Eugene Nikanorov <enikanorov at mirantis.com<mailto:enikanorov at mirantis.com>> wrote:
Hi Avishay,

1) I think name might be useful. Consider user forms a list of rules which route requests to a pool with static images or static pages, it may make sense to give those policy a name 'static-iamges', 'static-pages', rather then operate on ids.
+1

2) I think updating the name is useful as well, but just on DB level, so there is no point in calling the driver and communicating with the backend.
+1

Thanks,
Eugene.