[openstack-dev] heat run_tests.sh fails with one huge line of output

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 17 00:50:31 UTC 2014

Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote on 02/16/2014 05:26:50
PM:
> I would have expected run_tests.sh to tox which creates a venv, but
> heat seems different. So you'll need to install testrepository via
> your system tox, not one from a venv.

I don't think I have a system tox.  `pip list | grep -i tox` comes up
empty.  Should I be looking for a system tox in some other way?  I'm a
little unclear on what you are saying here.

> The 'd' is because you're human-reading a binary protocol (which the
> testrepository trunk fixes). Try the import without the 'd'. Also be
> sure to be trying the import within the tox venv, which run_tests will
> have triggered.

If I take the 'd' off then that import succeeds like all the others,
when tried manually in the venv created by run_tests.sh -V.

Thanks,
Mike