[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [TripleO] promoting devtest_seed and devtest_undercloud to voting, + experimental queue for nova/neutron etc.

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Feb 16 19:20:09 UTC 2014

On 15 February 2014 09:58, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

>> Lastly, I'm going to propose a merge to infra/config to put our
>> undercloud story (which exercises the seed's ability to deploy via
>> heat with bare metal) as a check experimental job on our dependencies
>> (keystone, glance, nova, neutron) - if thats ok with those projects?
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> My biggest concern with adding this to check experimental, is the
> experimental results aren't published back until all the experimental
> jobs are done.

If we add a new pipeline - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/73863/ -
then we can avoid that.

> We've seen really substantial delays, plus a 5 day complete outage a
> week ago, on the tripleo cloud. I'd like to see that much more proven
> before it starts to impact core projects, even in experimental.

I believe that with a new pipeline it won't impact core projects at all.

The outage, FWIW, was because I deleted the entire cloud, at the same
time that we had a firedrill with some other upstream-of-us issue (I
forget the exact one). The multi-region setup we're aiming for should
mitigate that substantially :)

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>