[openstack-dev] heat run_tests.sh fails with one huge line of output

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Sun Feb 16 06:49:31 UTC 2014

What's up with the output from Heat's run_tests.sh?  I just did a fresh
DevStack install, very plain.  Nova's run_tests.sh succeeds, provided I
first install libmysqlclient-dev.  After also installing flake8 I can run
Heat's run_tests.sh but it fails with one huge line of output.  It looks
like a failed attempt to colorize many lines, or something like that.  How
do I make this readable?  Following is a snapshot showing one screenfull
of what I see: the tail of the huge line of text, the failure report, and
then the start of the flake8 griping.

Thanks,
Mike