[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [TripleO] consistency vs packages in TripleO

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Sat Feb 15 22:11:43 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Dan Prince's message of 2014-02-15 06:05:30 -0800:

Could I divert you a bit into explaining what other readonly root schemes
exist? I've not looked into them very much as none seemed "simple" to
me when you consider that things like /var/lib/dpkg are intended to be
readonly parts of the image.

I'll start by saying that I'm very suspicious of any mechanism which tries
to intermix writable data with readonly data. A TripleO user needs only
learn once that "/mnt is preserved, everything else is not". It is also
extremely discoverable. So I am quite curious to hear what alternative
we could use that would make this simpler.