[openstack-dev] OpenStack-dev Digest, Vol 22, Issue 39

Vinod Kumar Boppanna vinod.kumar.boppanna at cern.ch
Sat Feb 15 12:36:18 UTC 2014

Dear Vish,

I completely agree with you. Its like a trade off between getting re-authenticated (when in a hierarchy user has different roles at different levels) or parsing the entire hierarchy till the leaf and include all the roles the user has at each level in the scope.

I am ok with any one (both has some advantages and dis-advantages).

But one point i didn't understand why should we parse the tree above the level where the user gets authenticated (as you specified in the reply). Like if user is authenticated at level 3, then do we mean that the roles at level 2 and level 1 also should be passed?
Why this is needed? I only see either we pass only the role at the level the user is getting authenticated or pass the roles at the level till the leaf starting from the level the user is getting authenticated.

Regards,
Vinod Kumar Boppanna
Message: 21