[openstack-dev] [nova][EC2] attach and detach volume response status

Rui Chen chenrui.momo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 03:35:23 UTC 2014

Hi Stackers;

I use Nova EC2 interface to attach a volume, attach success, but volume
status is detached in message response.

# euca-attach-volume -i i-0000000d -d /dev/vdb vol-00000001
ATTACHMENT      vol-00000001    i-0000000d              detached

This make me confusion, I think the status should be attaching or in-use.

I find attach and detach volume interfaces return volume['attach_status'],
but describe volume interface return volume['status']

Is it a bug? or for other considerations I do not know.

Thanks