[openstack-dev] [Solum] Question about Zuul's role in Solum

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Sat Feb 15 01:34:08 UTC 2014

I think a lot of projects don't bother to gate, because its far to much work to set up a workable system.

I can think of several projects I've worked on that would benefit from it but haven't because of time/cost of setting it up.

If I could just say "solum create project foo" and get it, I'm sure it would be much more used.

The same has been said of Unit tests and CI in the past. "We don't need it". When you give someone a simple to use system though, they see its value pretty quickly.

Yeah, gerrit and jenkins are a pain to setup. Thats one of the things that might make solum great. That it removes that pain.

Kevin