[openstack-dev] call for help with nova bug management

Tracy Jones tjones at vmware.com
Fri Feb 14 22:16:09 UTC 2014

Hi Folks - I’ve offered to help Russell out with managing nova’s bug queue.  The charter of this is as follows

Triage the 125 new bugs
Ensure that the critical bugs are assigned properly and are making progress

Once this part is done we will shift our focus to things like
Bugs in incomplete state with no update by the reporter - they should be set to invalid if they requester does not update them in a timely manner.
Bugs which say they are in progress but no progress is being made.   If a bug is assigned and simply being ignored we should remove the assignment so others can grab it and work on it

The bug triage policy is defined here https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage

What can you do???  First I need a group of folks to volunteer to help with 1 and 2.  I will start a weekly IRC meeting where we work on the triage and check progress on critical (or even high) prio bugs.  If you can help out, please sign up at the end of this etherpad and include your timezone.  Once I have a few people to help i will schedule the meeting at a time that I hope is convenient for all.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-bug-management

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tracy