[openstack-dev] [TripleO] promoting devtest_seed and devtest_undercloud to voting, + experimental queue for nova/neutron etc.

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Feb 14 20:58:32 UTC 2014

On 02/14/2014 03:43 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> Thanks to a massive push this week, both the seed *and* undercloud
> jobs are now passing on tripleo-gate nodes, but they are not yet
> voting.
>
> I'd kind of like to get them voting on tripleo jobs (check only). We
> don't have 2 clouds yet, so if the tripleo ci-cloud suffers a failure,
> we'd have -1's everywhere. I think this would be an ok tradeoff (its
> check after all), but I'd like -infra admin folks opinion on this -
> would it cause operational headaches for you, over and above the
> current risks w/ the tripleo-ci cloud?
>
> OTOH - we actually got passing ops with a fully deployed virtual cloud
> - which is awesome.
>
> Now we need to push through to having the overcloud deploy tests pass,
> then the other scenarios we depend on - upgrades w/rebuild, and we'll
> be in good shape to start optimising (pre-heated clouds, local distro
> mirrors etc) and broadening (other distros ...).
>
> Lastly, I'm going to propose a merge to infra/config to put our
> undercloud story (which exercises the seed's ability to deploy via
> heat with bare metal) as a check experimental job on our dependencies
> (keystone, glance, nova, neutron) - if thats ok with those projects?
>
> -Rob

My biggest concern with adding this to check experimental, is the
experimental results aren't published back until all the experimental
jobs are done.

We've seen really substantial delays, plus a 5 day complete outage a
week ago, on the tripleo cloud. I'd like to see that much more proven
before it starts to impact core projects, even in experimental.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America