[openstack-dev] Gamification and on-boarding ...

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 19:48:57 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 08:53 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> The delays on reviews for relatively trivial fixes I think is
> something that is probably more demotivating to new folks than the
> lack of badges. So some ability to keep on top of that I think
> would be really great.

Sure, I agree.  I still think badges just sound fun.  :-)

It's at least something that can be automated.  Mentoring and such is
important, of course, but takes a much bigger time investment from a
much bigger group of people.

I think we can view improving mentoring and on-boarding as a slightly
different but related issue than badges, which could be a fun way to
recognize and reward contributions.

--
Russell Bryant