[openstack-dev] [Ironic] [TripleO] Goal setting // progress towards integration

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Thu Feb 13 20:16:23 UTC 2014

> I would also like to see CI (either third party or in the gate) for
> the nova driver before merging it. There's a chicken and egg problem
> here if its in the gate, but I'd like to see it at least proposed as a
> review.

Yeah, I think that the existing nova-baremetal driver is kinda frozen in
a pre-deprecation state right now, which gives it a special pass on the
CI requirement. To me, I think it makes sense to avoid ripping it out
since it's already on ice.

However, for the Ironic driver, I would definitely rather see real CI up
_and_ working before we merge it. I think that probably means it will be
a post-icehouse thing at this point, unless that effort is farther along
than I think.

At the Nova meetup this week, we had a serious discussion about ripping
out major drivers that might not make the deadline. I don't think it
makes sense to rip those out and merge another without meeting the
requirement.

--Dan