[openstack-dev] [Neutron] ARP Proxy in l2-population Mechanism Driver for OVS

Mathieu Rohon mathieu.rohon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 09:13:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

You can see in the review [1] that doude first proposed an ebtables
manager to implement the ARP responder for ovs. OVS 2.1 is now able to
manage an ARP responder based on flow [2], so he switches his
implementation to a flow based ARP responder (please, have a look at
patches history).
ebtables driver seems more interesting since this implementation would
be compatible with any ovs version, but VM needs to be plugged to a
linux bridge and with ovsfirewalldriver [3], nova won't need to plug
VM to a linux bridge anymore, so ARP responder based on ebtables won't
work.

[1]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/49227/
[2]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/49227/27/neutron/plugins/ml2/drivers/l2pop/README
[3]https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/ovs-firewall-driver