[openstack-dev] [Neutron] ARP Proxy in l2-population Mechanism Driver for OVS

Édouard Thuleau thuleau at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 08:51:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Havana, a local ARP responder is available if you use the ML2 with the
l2-pop MD and the Linux Bridge (natively implemented by the Linux kernel
VXLAN module).
It's not (yet [1]) available with the OVS agent. The proposed OVS
implementation use new OVS flows integrated on branch 2.1.

Just few remarks about the ML2 MD l2-pop. Two important bugs persists:
- One [2] impacts all the MD l2-pop (Linux Bridge and OVS agents). Merged
on trunk and waiting to be backported [3]
- Another one [4] impacts only the OVS agent stills waiting review.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/49227/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/63913/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/71821/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/63917/