[openstack-dev] [Neutron]A problem produced by accidentally deleting DHCP port

shihanzhang ayshihanzhang at 126.com
Thu Feb 13 08:19:44 UTC 2014

Howdy folks!
I am a beginer of neutron, there is a problem which has confused me. In my environment using openvswich plugin, I delete the dhcp port by mistack, then I found the VM in the subnet whose dhcp port is deleted by my mistack can not get IP, I found the reason is  when a dhcp port is deleted, neutron will create the dhcp port automaticly, but the VIF TAP will not be deleted, this time there will be an IP address on the two TAP.
Even if the problem is caused by error operation, I think the dhcp port should not allow be deleted, because the port is created by neutron  automaticly, not by tenant. Similarly, the port on router is not allow be deleted.
I want to know whether it is a problem?
this is the bug I have commited:https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1279683