[openstack-dev] [Neutron] ARP Proxy in l2-population Mechanism Driver for OVS

Nick Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 03:57:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm running a OpenStack Havana cloud on pre-production stage using
Neutron ML2 VxLAN. I'd like to incorporate l2-population to get rid of
tunnel broadcast.

However, it seems that ARP Proxy has NOT been implemented yet for Open
vSwitch for Havana and also the latest master branch.

I find that ebtables arpreply can do it and then put some corresponding
flow rules into OVS.

Could anyone provide more hints on how to implement it in l2-pop?

thanks,

--

Nick Ma
skywalker.nick at gmail.com