[openstack-dev] [oslo-incubator] update.py copies more modules than expected

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Wed Feb 12 19:47:23 UTC 2014

I think variant with using oslo.messaging is nice here - cause now it looks
strange when openstack.common.middleware asks to use
openstack.common.notifier.api - and that leads to two unused really dirs
downloaded by update.py script.

Anyway, we should go further and begin using oslo.messaging where it's
possible now.

Dina

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
> wrote:

> The update script tries to be smart about the dependencies between
> modules, based on cross-module imports.
>
> It looks like the notifier middleware will need to move out of the
> incubator, or be updated to use oslo.messaging or the rpc code from the
> incubator.
>
> Doug
>

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM, Dina Belova <dbelova at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
>> Cause it seems that such thing is not working:
>> http://paste.openstack.org/show/64740/
>> It still downloads all directories for notifier and roc, although is only
>> module=notifier.api in conf file.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dina
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM, Dina Belova <dbelova at mirantis.com>wrote:
>>
>>> May we use smth like:
>>>
>>> module=notifier.api
>>>
>>> only to copy needed for middleware notifier?

>>> --
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Dina Belova
>>>
>>> Software Engineer