[openstack-dev] [qa][neutron] API tests in the Neutron tree

Maru Newby marun at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 18:48:44 UTC 2014

At the last 2 summits, I've suggested that API tests could be maintained in the Neutron tree and reused by Tempest.  I've finally submitted some patches that demonstrate this concept:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/72585/  (implements a unit test for the lifecycle of the network resource)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/72588/  (runs the test with tempest rest clients)

My hope is to make API test maintenance a responsibility of the Neutron team.  The API compatibility of each Neutron plugin has to be validated by Neutron tests anyway, and if the tests are structured as I am proposing, Tempest can reuse those efforts rather than duplicating them.

I've added this topic to this week's agenda, and I would really appreciate it interested parties would take a look at the patches in question to prepare themselves to participate in the discussion.

m.