[openstack-dev] [python-openstacksdk] First meeting scheduled

Jesse Noller jesse.noller at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Feb 12 15:32:47 UTC 2014

On Feb 12, 2014, at 9:07 AM, Ed Leafe <ed at openstack.org> wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2014, at 3:30 PM, Jesse Noller <jesse.noller at RACKSPACE.COM> wrote:
>
>> I did propose in the original thread that we join efforts: in fact, we already have a fully functioning, unified SDK that *could* be checked in today - but without discussing the APIs, design and other items with the community at large, I don’t think that that would be successful.
>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/openstack/oslo-incubator/tree/master/openstack/common/apiclient
>
> While there are some differences, this library shares the same client/manager/resource class design and flow as the work we've done. IOW, I think the approaches are more alike than different, which is encouraging.
>

> -- Ed Leafe

The projects are not exclusive to one another - they are completely complimentary.

And as of yet, we have not solidified the client/manager/resource structure - we should talk about that at the meeting next week.