[openstack-dev] [Nova][Glance]supporting of v1 and v2 glance APIs in Nova

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 14:03:59 UTC 2014

Greetings

A few days ago, I met some problems when using 'createimage' feature in
Nova, we found that using V1 of glanceclient has some problem with
processing of metadata, the version number and even the glance URIs are
both hardcoded in Nova.

then, we found the bluepring[1] proposed, and the maillist[2] which talked
about the topic before, mainly focused on version autodiscovery by keystone
catalog and config option for nova. But we still need changes in Nova
because the incompatible behavior between v1 and v2, especially when
creating and uploading an image file. The review request[3] of the bp is
abandoned for now.

So, what I want to confirm is, how could this situation be handled? I
mailed Eddie Sheffield, but got no answer, so bring it up here.

[1]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/use-glance-v2-api
[2]: http://markmail.org/message/uqrpufsmh4qp5pgy
[4]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/38414/

--