[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] Validating Addressing and Routing configuration

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 07:39:50 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Veiga, Anthony <
Anthony_Veiga at cable.comcast.com> wrote:

> Question 1) Should we allow the user to build a potentially broken
> network, knowing that there may be a use case we haven't covered?

In my non-OpenStack work I have found that if your using bridge-tools then
if there is an open end point (connected to the bridge but not to an
instance) and there is a packet in transit when this happens then the
entire bridge bricks.

> Question 2) How do we alert the user of either a potentially invalid
> configuration or a configuration that we have blocked?

It might be impossible to detect all possible modes... wouldn't it be
offering false hope if you advertise the alert system to be anywhere near
robust?