[openstack-dev] XenAPI / XCP going away from Debian & Ubuntu

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Feb 10 13:59:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

Just to make sure nobody misses the information. Due to a lack of
upstream support from Citrix, and because XCP cannot be built in recent
versions of Debian and Ubuntu, I asked for the removal of XCP from
Debian Sid (it's already gone from Debian testing). A removal from
Ubuntu has also been requested.

This means that it will also be impossible to support XCP support in
OpenStack, unfortunately (the support for XCP was removed a few months
ago because that was blocking migration to Debian testing anyway).

This is sad, but there was unfortunately no other way. I just hope
Citrix will work on Debian support in xenserver-core.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

For reference, see http://bugs.debian.org/738322 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1278352