[openstack-dev] [nova] Possible Hyper-V false CI failures

Alessandro Pilotti apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com
Mon Feb 10 02:21:06 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

On 10 Feb 2014, at 03:59 , Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2014-02-09 at 18:17 -0700, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I think  the hyper-v CI system is sometimes failing with this message
>> incorrectly:
>>
>>  "This change was unable to be automatically merged with the current
>> state of the repository. Please rebase your change and upload a new
>> patchset."
>>

>> I only mention it because its the second time I've seen it. An example
>> here:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/72197/
>>

>> The changeset was made off a very fresh git update and there doesn't
>> appear to be any updates merged since then.  The last time this error
>> appeared for me the rebase had no conflicts and Jenkins did not have
>> any trouble testing the same patchset that the Hyper-V one failed to
>> merge.
>
> Yeah, it may not be a rebase issue at all. The problem may be that the
> failure-message setting on the Zuul pipeline that is being triggered or
> Jenkins Gerrit trigger plugin is set to the above message, regardless of
> whether the failure is indeed due to the failure of a rebase…

Hi guys, looking into this. We had a similar issue some days ago due to a corrupted Nova local git repo, which clearly had nothing to do with a rebase. Checking out what’s going on this time.

> Octavius, is it possible to pastebin your Zuul layout.yaml?

Here’s the zuul layout that we’re using:

https://github.com/cloudbase/ci-overcloud-init-scripts/blob/master/zuul_layout.yaml