[openstack-dev] [nova] Possible Hyper-V false CI failures

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 01:59:09 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-02-09 at 18:17 -0700, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I think  the hyper-v CI system is sometimes failing with this message
> incorrectly:
>
>   "This change was unable to be automatically merged with the current
> state of the repository. Please rebase your change and upload a new
> patchset."
>

> I only mention it because its the second time I've seen it. An example
> here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/72197/
>

> The changeset was made off a very fresh git update and there doesn't
> appear to be any updates merged since then.  The last time this error
> appeared for me the rebase had no conflicts and Jenkins did not have
> any trouble testing the same patchset that the Hyper-V one failed to
> merge.

Yeah, it may not be a rebase issue at all. The problem may be that the
failure-message setting on the Zuul pipeline that is being triggered or
Jenkins Gerrit trigger plugin is set to the above message, regardless of
whether the failure is indeed due to the failure of a rebase...

Octavius, is it possible to pastebin your Zuul layout.yaml?

Best,
-jay