[openstack-dev] [Horizon] RFC - Suggestion for switching from Less to Sass (Bootstrap 3 & Sass support)

Toshiyuki Hayashi hayashi at ntti3.com
Sat Feb 8 00:41:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

+1 for switching sass.

I believe this is a really nice idea. Sass is very similar to less
(more powerful than less!), so I think switching is not a big deal.
I just tried PyScss and django-pyscss.
https://github.com/Kronuz/pyScss
https://github.com/fusionbox/django-pyscss
This is bootstrap.css compiled by pyScss and django-pyscss.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7098/stuff/3cb763dfeafb.css
It seems to compile itself no problem.

There are a few problems with django-pyscss, it doesn't support
underscore files import and other directory import for now, I changed
the filenames and directory, then it worked. I think those problems
will be solved shortly so I'm positive about switching for icehouce-3
time frame.

BTW, regarding using the compass feature, it seems PyScss supports
some of compass features, but not full of functions. please note that.

Thanks,
Toshi