[openstack-dev] [nova][baremetal] Support configurable inject items in nova Bare-metal

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Feb 7 20:04:48 UTC 2014

On 7 February 2014 23:01, Taurus Cheung <Taurus.Cheung at harmonicinc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am working on deploying images to bare-metal machines using nova
> bare-metal. In current design, some files like hostname, network config file
> and meta.json are injected into the image before writing to bare-metal
> machines. Can we control which items to be injected into the image?

None of the releases of Nova-BM support arbitrary file injection, and
in fact we're disabling all file injection by default in the next
release (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/70252/) because its a
security issue, slow, and limits the ability to do efficient at-scale
deployments.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>